with the Bernina® 1630
Table of Contents:
Remember: Do not insert or remove keys unless the sewing machine off!
A blank memory key (BMK) has the same memory capacity as the 1630 - nine memory banks of 70 spaces each and 25 spaces of SP. When a key is downloaded (transferred) to the machines memory, it replaces all of the machines memory until it is removed. If save is selected on the sewing machine, the memory downloaded from the key is saved in MR and SP of the sewing machine. When a key is loaded, MR 1-9 and SP 1-25 are marked with diagonal corners.
When a design is programmed into the sewing machine and then saved (transferred) to a blank memory key, the design is saved in the sewing machine memory as well as the key. However, unless saved data from a memory key is downloaded or saved to the sewing machine, the stitches will not remain on the sewing machine once the key is removed.
If space is available in the MR memory, you can subdivide the memory space and add pattern sequences at any time.
MR memory cannot be transferred to SP memory, but SP can be programmed into MR. Data transferred from sewing to a key with previously saved stitches will write over (replace) the old data with the new.
1. Make sure machine is off before inserting a blank memory key.
2. Turn on machine - Main Menu 1, Screen K & L change from EXT to Memory Key symbol (3 right arrows).
3. Move cursor to arrows and press OK - Main memories (MR 1-9) and Stitch Designer Memories (SP 1-25) appear on both sides of screen.
4. The left screen with the sewing machine symbol is the sewing machine memory banks MR 1-9 and Stitch Designer memory banks SP 1-25.
5. The right screen with the computer symbol is the memory key illustrating the same memory spaces.
6. To upload all of the memory in MR on the sewing machine to the key, move the cursor to the left (sewing machine side) screen MR. Press OK.
7. All nine of the memory blanks should darken. This indicates that all of the MR has been selected for upload. Move the cursor to the right (key) side; select the check mark. Press OK.
8. The arrow points to the right (key) side and darkens until the transfer is completed.
9. To upload all of the SP memory from sewing machine to a blank key, move the cursor to the left side (sewing machine) to SP. Press OK. All 25 SP memory banks are darkened and selected. Move the cursor to the check mark. Press OK.
10. The arrow darkens until the transfer of data from the machine to the blank key is completed. It is recommended that you label the key and record the stitches and programming on the key. See the 1630 Library, Accessories and Attachments for an example of a handy Memory Key Log.
DO NOT REMOVE THE KEY FROM THE MACHINE UNTIL THE MACHINE IS IN THE OFF POSITION.
1. Make sure the sewing machine is off before inserting the key.
2. Turn on the machine. Main Menu 1, Screen K & L changes from EXT to the Memory key symbol.
3. Move cursor to the arrows and press OK. Main memory MR 1-9 and Stitch Designer Memory SP 1-25 appear on both sides of the screen.
4. The left screen with the sewing machine symbol is the sewing machine memory MR 1-9 and Stitch Designer memory SP 1-25.
5. The right screen with the computer symbol is the key and its memory.
6. To transfer the contents of the keys MR 1-9 memory to the sewing machine, move the cursor to the right screen. Press OK. All nine memory spaces MR 1-9 darken and are selected.
7. Move the cursor to the check mark and press OK.
8. The curved left arrow points to the left and darkens until the transfer is complete.
9. On the right screen, move the cursor to SP .Press OK. All 25 SP memory is selected and will darken.
10. Move the cursor to the check mark. Press OK.
11. The arrow points to the left and darkens until the transfer is complete.
(Note: If you should decide not to transfer MR or SP from key to sewing machine, you may cancel by selecting the X and Press OK.)
Remember to have the sewing machine off.
1. Follow Steps 1-5 for All Data 1630 to Key.
2. Instead of selecting MR or SP, select the individual stitching pattern in MR or SP that you wish to transfer. Press OK.
3. On the right screen, select the space where you want the memory saved. Press OK
4. The screen will darken. It is not necessary that stitches be saved in the same numbered memory space. Transfers to do not have to be in the same memory spaces. Select the check mark. Press OK.
5. The right arrow will darken until the transfer is complete.
1. With machine in off position, insert key.
2. On the Main Menu 1, select the Memory Key symbol in K & L on the screen.
3. Select the individual MR or SP from the right side of the screen. Press OK.
4. Select the individual MR or SP where you want the data saved. Press OK. Spaces do not have to be the same.
5. Select the check mark and press OK.
6. The left transfer arrow will darken until the transfer is complete.
All of the pages under the http://www.AshleyCaroline.com directory, including http://www.AshleyCaroline.com/sewing/1630, are © copyright 1997-2012 Ashley Engelund. Permission is granted to freely copy these pages, unmodified, in the 1630 FAQ (the most up to date versions from http://www.AshleyCaroline.com/sewing/1630) in electronic form, or in print
if you're NOT selling it or using it for commercial gain.